Welcome to KelRae Farm’s website! We hope the information on our website will make it easier for our local and neighboring communities to learn more about the fresh, locally grown produce we offer.
KelRae Farm has been growing and selling produce since 2001! Before KelRae Farm was established the farm was known as Hazelwood Farm owned by Henry M “Buck” Hazelwood, Randy’s great uncle. Hazelwood Farm sold fresh local grown produce all over the Williamsburg area for decades.
Randy inherited the farm which he grew up working on. Randy and I, his wife, established KelRae Farm (named after our two oldest daughters) in the spring of 2001. What began as a part-time adventure has now turned into a full time farming career. We sell fresh seasonal veggies, melons, sunflowers and eggs from our farm in Toano, VA. As well as offering a local CSA program.
KelRae Farm is actively involved with our community. Below are some of the ways we support our community and other events we offer.
- CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) Program which offers weekly baskets of fresh seasonal produce
- WJCC Public Schools, “Farm to School” Program
- Service many local restaurants
- Vendor at the Williamsburg Farmers Market, as well as, other area markets
- Support of local outreach programs
- Mentorship/partnership with W&M
- Offer field trips, group tours, special classes, and summer camps
- Open market at the farm, 2 to 3 days each week during the summer months where we offer a large variety of vegetables and melons, free-range hen eggs and sunflowers; open market at the farm, 1 to 2 days during the fall season.
We encourage you to subscribe to our mailing list and stay up to date on what’s going on at the farm!
Follow us Instagram and Like us on Facebook @kelraefarm